I always seem to forget how significant graduations are until I have one to attend. A few weeks ago I was able to attend my niece, Emmy's, Kindergarten graduation. I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Yes, it was full of families who thought their kid was the cutest and there were parents standing at inappropriate times blocking my view of my sweet niece, but those things didn't matter. Emmy was adorable of course in her little cap and gown. She had a small solo and persevered even though her cap fell off right before her solo. When it came to the arm movements that correlated with the songs they sang she was right on and having a great time doing it. She did a great job- I was a proud aunt. I silently shed some tears.
This evening I was able to attend a High School graduation. I was there for three very special reasons. My two cousins Samantha and Alexander, and my friend Kelli. The trials of a High School graduation are different than a Kindergarten graduation. The High School graduation had 20 times the amount of people graduating, thus that many more parents vieing for a good view. Lucky for me the fam had some seats saved. After the ceremony was worse than during the ceremony. I was near impossible to find who you needed to amongst the swarms of people. Beyond that, this evening my thoughts mostly focused on the fact that as much as graduating High School is an accomplishment and a milestone, it is truly only the beginning. It's cool to see what great people they have turned into and how fun they are to be around, but it is also exciting to see them move on to bigger challenges knowing that they are going to be great at whatever they choose to be great at. I shed some more silent tears.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to agree with you...even though I am only a couple of years out of highchool...I can see that graduation is not the end of something, but rather the beginning to a greater adventure!
Amy Rice=)
I don't know where the new Lil Smoakie picture came from, but I LOVE it! He is so darn cute...but then all of my kids, grandkids and now "great" one have been and are cute;-) Does that sound like a grandma??? I'm glad you're back to blogging!
Grandma Carol
Post a Comment