Jeff, Chandler and I found out our family was going to increase to four in July. We were excited of course, but cautious. We filled our families in on the news in September explaining why I looked so bloated and couldn't keep my eyes open. Chandler remains overly excited about baby Smoak coming into our lives. You see, Chandler is a "big boy" in every way and is very excited to meet his little brother. He has offered to let him sleep in his bed and has said he will show him all of his toys when he comes. We did have a few shaky months of Chandler really wanting a "baby sooster", but he's over it now. If you ask him what he wants to name his baby brother he'll tell you "Daddy Smoak". Most of all, he just wants the "baby out"! We'll see if he doesn't ask us to put the baby back in when he gets here. ; )
For Halloween Chandler wanted to be Mickey Mouse, so of course I obliged- I couldn't think of a more adorable costume. He had fun trick-or-treating downtown with Bella (his princess).
The second week of November Jeff had the honor of pinning Jason's police badge on him as he graduated from Oakland Police Academy. We're so proud of Jason and happy for his family- and Jeff is loving having him around work now!
The holidays were of course full of family time, shopping and some chaos. We spent some time at the snow with Jeff's family right after Christmas and Chandler loved it! He helped make snowmen, went down the tube run, played with his monster trucks in the snow, and of course loved to lick the snow (every mom's dream : P).
We also found out on Christmas Eve that my Ma maw and G pa were going to go from having 1 grandbaby to 3 by September of this year. Brandon and Kimberly are expecting a little person at the end of August and we are thrilled! I can't wait to meet him/ her! Chandler is still learning that he can't jump on Kikers. She used to be fair game for anything, but now he has to be a little more careful.
Side note: Jeff and I celebrated our 8th Wedding Anniversary this year! Woo hoo!
So far the new year has consisted of two amazing weddings, riots and Spring cleaning a bit early. We can't wait for the rest of the year- we have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward too. Hopefully I can keep up more with my blogging; however, I'm not convinced of my diligence once kiddo #2 arrives.
Here are some pictures of the last 6 months in no particular order- that's getting a little excessive.
Playing in the creek up at "The Cabin" with Daddy. Grammy, Papa, Madison, Kyle and Mommy were there too.
5 comments:
LOOOVEEEE IT. I'm exhausted, too. Ha. Love you! Thanks for posting ;)
It's about time you updated this blog!
simply wonderful! :)
Thanks for the update! I just realized that I will be home at the end of April. Your baby should be here by then, right? That will be perfect! See you then. Love you!
Janea- I'll have a baby by then one way or another! My actual due date is the 5th of April, but I'm feeling pretty done- hopefully he'll come a little early! Hope all is well in the O state- love you too!
Post a Comment